Educare has five means for the preservation of its publications:
- Internally, it has storage on external hard drives that update its contents quarterly.
- Institutional preservation, all the articles of the journal are deposited in the Repository of the National University, Costa Rica.
- Long-term preservation, as an accredited journal in Scielo, Educare has access to preserve its articles in CLOCKSS. Visit: The Keepers Registry.
- Long-term preservation, Educare participates in the PKP-PLN initiative that allows the deposit and preservation of its articles in LOCKSS. Visit: The Keepers Registry.
- Legal Preservation, according to the Costa Rican laws: Ley de Imprenta(Print Law, No.32, July 12, 1902) and Ley sobre Derechos de Autor y Derechos Conexos (Law on Copyright and Related Rights, No. 6683, October 14, 1992, Art. 106); Educare makes the legal deposit of its published volumes and issues in the Sistema Nacional de Bibliotecas (National Libraries System, SINABI) in PDF version.
In addition, the complete journal collection is deposited (in PDF version) in Educare's profiles in Mendeley, Academia, OAJI and Research Bible.